As one in three people viewing a property also have a property to sell, if you use your viewings wisely, they can become a great lead generator.
We’d advise the following:
· Be prompt – make sure you turn up on time
· Ask questions and understand what they, the buyer, are looking for and their timings. Suggest other properties you’ve listed that might be a good fit for them. You want to make sure you are providing them with an excellent service.
· Be careful how you talk about the vendor and the pricing of the property – they will bear in mind that this is how you might talk about them if they sold a property through you.
· When you take them around the property showcase your knowledge of the property and area. If there are any questions you don’t know the answer to, make sure you find these out for them and follow up with them promptly.
Once you have built up a rapport, ask if they’ve got a property to sell.
· If they say yes and have not instructed anyone yet – offer to give them a free, no-obligation valuation. Explain the process you will go through to help agree an asking price and try to agree a valuation date there and then. Make sure you give them a choice of available dates and times rather than every option under the sun – you want to appear busy and it is easier to pick from a few choices than to feel overwhelmed.
· If they say yes but have already instructed an agent – offer to take a look at their advert and advise if there is anything they should ask the agent to change or offer them a helpful tips booklet such as preparing your home for sale. Make sure you are positioning yourself as an expert in your field rather than a pushy sales person.
If you're looking to win more instructions, why don't you take a look at our tips for converting more leads into instructions?